Search This Blog

Monday, January 26, 2009

Price Point and Priming the Pump

So to start off, I based my pricing on a lot of custom shoe doodlers on Etsy. Many were charging 100-200$. While I thought that a big bag of money would be nice (especially if it had a dollar sign written on the side) I thought, well I don't need that much money.

50$ might not be the right price point, and since this blog is as much about this process as it is about shoe designs I'd like to get your input (loyal readers). To prime the pump, here is my special offer, for the next 10 designs I will customize your shoe for 10$. The next 10 comissions will be 20$. I hope this will be a nice experiment in capitalism/craft. I don't really need the money, I'd just like this hobby to be able to pay for itself.

Also, you can get in touch with me through the email in my profile or order a pair of shoes through this new email:

toothyshoehorn(at)gmail.com

I hope that fools the internet bots.

No comments: