Search This Blog

Friday, March 20, 2009

Kronor? I barely new her.

Sorry about starting a blog with such a bad joke. trust me, it gets better (but not funnier).

So I have a couple of friends from the innernette. Some I have met IRL, some I have various connections too, but most are usually a little embarrassed about mentioning that is where we made friends. Not Dwight, ahem, I mean Caleb.

I met Caleb (neh Dwight) at the local internet friendshop. Then he later came to my church. One day when I was teaching Sunday School (yup), I called on him and refered to him by his internet name. I didn't even notice, nor did most of the class. He noticed, but didn't hold it against me.

Anywhoo, flash forward a bit. He met his wife (at the innernette) and moved to Sweden (totally worth it) and now develops iphone apps and does other computery things like web development (he is good at computers). he wanted a shoe that represents him and his new endeavors. We decided on capturing something that stands astride the giant ocean between old home and new home. His first iphone app was a Sweedish/English dictionary that helped you learn the language. How great is that?
So I picked images from the Sweedish 5 kronor bill and from the American ole 1 dollar greenback.



Here is a detail from the kronor kick:
I think it I like all the meaning of a figure riding a bird, full of hope and dreams. Caleb, like this fictional character doing something fantastic and magical for love.

I also like this detail from the Dollar shoe:
The all-seeing eye. He may be no mason, but Caleb is a pretty forward-thinking guy.

I hope Caleb like the shoes as much as I did. I really like the negative space and the detail. You will probably see more birds and money stuff coming out of the toothyworkshop.

Sorry you can't get Wienerschnitzel out there or Cafe Rio. When I miss you I will go to Ikea. Caleb, I mean Dwight, good luck in that crazy country.

be honest, is this guy more of a Caleb or a Dwight (not Schrute)?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I do love the shoes as does my wife. I also appreciate the post.

Damian said...

I'm glad you like 'em. I really like working on the shoes while we talked. Maybe I should require that. It's like the shoes are imbued with the essence of our conversation.