Search This Blog

Thursday, June 24, 2010

Formal Friday


I like dressing up. So sue me. I'd much rather wear a suit and tie than "business casual" a look I refer to as "office uncomfortable". Seriously, does anybody LIKE wearing a polo shirt and dockers (bunchem' ups)?

I check out fashion blogs quite a bit. Like the Sartorialist, and Put This On. I don't know if it is fanship or voyeurism. I am not that sartorially inclined, but I love a sharp suit, and I own over 100 ties. and a couple dozen pairs of shoes (some of my own making). I have some friends that run Blog Launderette, and a very stylish friend who has the Mansvolk men's blog. But I don't really consider myself "fashionable", I kind of just like to dress like me.

I can kind of wear whatever I want around the office, so I think I am going to institute "Formal Fridays", you can wear whatever you want during the weak, but on Friday I will wear a tie. I think it will actually make the weekend more enjoyable. With the sharp look I can focus on that last day of the week, really knock it out of the park, then cast that tie asunder and enjoy the weekend (or go to a wedding reception).

2 comments:

Bradford Lee said...

I couldn't agree more with the "business casual" nastiness. I am so incredibly uncomfortable in a polo, and especially in khakis. It's a shirt and tie for me anyday of the week. I guess now I need to just figure out how to not feel awkward and out of place while doing it.
The thing I like the most about your style is the fact that you have figured out how to fit both your body and your personality well.

Damian said...

Is that because both my body and style are kind of awkward?

I think I Dolly Parton said it best when she said, "Figure out who you are, then do it on purpose"